4.1 EXCESSIVE REST DAY DISRUPTION ALLOWANCE
(a) The Excessive Rest Day Disruption allowance is provided to an officer (up to chief inspector) on the fourth and every subsequent occasion in a rolling 42 day period where their rest day is disrupted.
(b) The purpose of this allowance is to identify instances of excessive disruption to specific individuals and take action to mitigate this.
(c) The allowance will only apply to rest days covered by the published duty roster (see section 1.1), a reinstated rest day (see section 1.7), and a rest day will not be regarded as being disrupted in the following circumstances:
- where the duty roster has been changed at the request of the officer for wellbeing or personal reasons, or
- where the duty roster has been changed and where the officer reports as unfit for duty on that day, or
- where the duty roster was changed in clear error and where this error is timeously rectified, or
- where the officer was on-call on their rest days but was not otherwise required to perform duty on that rest day
- where 28 days’ notice of the introduction of a new duty roster is provided.
(d) For the current rate of the allowance (see section 4.11)